An annual inspection of cold water storage tank (CWST) should be done to check their condition inside and outside, and the water within it.
H2o’s annual inspections of CWST include the following:
- Check that the lid is closely fitted and in good condition.
- Check that the insect and vermin screen are intact and in good condition.
- Check that the thermal insulation remains in good condition so that it protects from extremes of temperature.
- Check the tank water temperature remote from the ball valve and the incoming mains temperature.
- Visually inspect CWST and assess build-up of sediment on base and biofilm on tank walls. The water surface should also be clean and free from any visible, significant contamination.
- Checks for signs of corrosion.
- Clean and disinfect CWST when annual inspection shows it to be necessary or when there is known contamination of the supply.
Please note that water sampling & testing can often be carried out during the annual tank inspections as an additional precaution.
H2o can also provide all information captured during the tank inspection into a Tank Inspection Report which is supported by condition photos.
We currently undertake this service for several Housing Associations and Property Management Companies.