The first step in fulfilling your legal responsibilities is to carry out a full and thorough Legionella Risk Assessment. We specialise in high quality risk assessments of all water systems which identify the level of risk within your building and provide measures necessary to control the risk through our site specific control programmes.
We consider our risk assessments to be amongst the most comprehensive and detailed reports available. You can expect the following from a Legionella Risk Assessment carried out by one of our highly experienced assessors:
- Our risk assessor will inspect all parts of the water system to assess the risk from legionella and present the findings in a detailed report;
- This inspection will include taking a full asset register of all water services in the property and temperature measurements will be taken to assess the performance of the hot and cold water system throughout the building(s);
- A full schematic diagram of the water system will be provided;
- Photographs will be taken of key water system features and to highlight any problem areas such as a dirty water tank or dead leg of pipe work;
- Specific details of any remedial work required will be included in the report as well as a site specific control programme to reduce the risk from Legionellosis;
- The Legionella Risk Assessment Report will be presented in a Water Quality Logbook to be kept onsite ready for inspection by an Environmental Health Officer (EHO). The log book will include all supporting documentation to undertake the ongoing tasks stipulated in the control programme;
- Our risk assessor in liaison with the client will establish the management structure and the delegation of responsibilities between tasks set out in the control programme;
- Our risk assessor will also meet with the client to ensure that they fully understand the outcomes of the risk assessment and also to identify further training requirements; and
- All of our risk assessors have experience in dealing with a varied client base ranging from large Council contracts down to independent employers or landlords.
For further information on Legionella Risk Assessments please contact us.